Published by: Full House
Date: July, 2012
- When tot Emma was struck down with cancer aged just four, it was her tiny twin Amber who stepped in to help nurse her back to health.
- Emma’s Wilms tumour had already spread to her lungs and the youngster needed grueling chemotherapy straight away.
- The treatment made her ill, but Amber leapt to her aid, -fetching her things, rubbing her sore head, encouraging her to eat and running to alert their parents if Emma struggled during the night.
- Amber put herself at her sister’s beck and call ‘ even announcing she was willing to be her slave until she was better.
- When Emma’s hair fell out, Amber helped her collect it up, and watched in awe as she was fitted with the Jessie J-style wig she had requested, so she could look like their idol.
- In September, surgeons spent six hours removing Emma’s tumour, which had wrapped itself around her main artery and her stomach.
- The tot has since undergone radiotherapy and further chemotherapy sessions. Her treatment is due to end in April ‘ by which time Amber has made it clear she will be giving up her nursing role!
Mum Marie laughs: ‘Amber slipped into caring-mode as soon as she saw Emma was ill, and Emma wants for nothing when she’s having a bad day.
‘But as soon as she brightens up Amber switches back and goes into true sister role, telling her to fetch things herself.
‘It’s very sweet watching her mother her twin when she’s ill, but she certainly won’t let her get away with special treatment once she’s better!’